Monday, July 7, 2008

Today I was lucky enough to work out with Jerimiah's 6:00 am class. The workout was quick and dirty.
  • 3 rounds
  • 10 squats
  • 15 situps

I added a 500m row at the end.

My squats were done with 15 lb front squats. All of my sets were unbroken. I was thinking of raising my weight for my squats but since I'm still working on form in front squat I didn't want to push it.

This workout is nice becuase it can be left as is for begginners or weighted for more experienced with heavier squat weight or subbing Knees to Elbows for situps. Yes it's quick and dirty.

Sit ups were pretty easy for the amount I did during warmup and during the WOD. I think I'll start working on the GHD situp next time.

Consistency is getting to be an issue with me. I've found that life has a bad way of throwing twists and curves to interrupt workouts. While my effort and intentions to workout are getting better, some days it just doesn't happen. There was one night I was stopped in the middle of my run by a neighbor in crisis.

I try to work out a home to save gas going to the gym, but I get more un interruped time if I'm away from home and unavailable. So getting to the gym is heading to the top of my to do list each day. And rest days will be fun days to take the girls on nature walks or something active.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Angela, just keep going to the gym. Alone at home it is way to easy to talk yourself out of anything. Gas sucks I know, but I think the benefits will outweigh the gas costs. Keep up the hard work.