Monday, October 12, 2009

Eating this - Berries and Chocolate

I wanted to share this simple snack with you all out there!

I have been pretty good with my diet/eating habits lately, but there are times I just HAVE TO HAVE CHOCOLATE! Chocolate isn't necessarily bad for you, only when it's eaten out of moderation is it bad. And having no self discipline to eat it in moderation is my problem. I can keep a stash hidden for those emergency times, but if I let myself go so long that I'm craving it like there is no tomorrow, I will eat the whole stash.

So I've come up with a simple snack that lets me have my chocolate every other day or so. Now I don't get such strong cravings for chocolate.

1/2 cup blueberries or 1 cup strawberries,
2 oz favorite cheese
1 TBSPN organic dark chocolate chips
1-2 cashews (for the saltiness) or 1-2 Raw Almonds

Put berries in a sandwich baggie. Portion the cheese into a snack baggie. Portion the chocolate chips and nuts into another snack baggie. Put the snack baggies in the sandwich bag with the berries.

This makes a quick snack that is balanced in protien, carbs, and fat. Portion a bunch ahead of time to stick in the freezer for an easy grab and go snack on the days you are out and about.

Enjoy

No comments: