Saturday, April 12, 2008

I HATE BEING LAST!

Saturday was one of the hardest CrossFit Workouts yet. Not because I wasn't strong enough to do the workout with modifications. Not because I didn't have the ability. But because I'm "starting from scratch" after having a baby and I'm still so freaking slow!
When I started my second round, I stepped out to start my run and I saw how far behind I was, I was so discouraged. I started my run and started to cry. I was frustrated. I wanted to give up. I was so tempted to call my hubby and tell him I quit and I'm never coming back.
I wanted to take the easy way out. But I didn't. It took the entire run/walk/jog/shuffle to kick myself in the keister, tell myself to to suck it up and push on.
I'm glad I did. I finished last, but at least I finished. It took everything in me, and asking God for more strength, just to keep going. This was a great example of how CrossFit is very competitive. But your not competing against others. Your competing against yourself. Your competing against the last time you worked out, striving to be stronger and faster and fitter each day.

Saturday's WOD for CrossFit Tulsa:
400M run
21 KB Swings (25 lb dumb bell)
14 Pull ups (Jumping Pull Ups)
400M run
15 deadlifts (38 lbs)
15 Handstand Push Ups (Knees on 24" box)
400M run
15 cleans (38 lbs)
15 dips (box dips)
18:40
I had to break up my runs, and I probably didn't go down far enough on the push ups. Dips were done with bent knees. I can probably do them with straight legs next time or on the paralettes.



No comments: