Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Daily Food Journal

Breakfast
Sirloin
Peppers and onions
My fridge was kind of empty. Can't you tell??

Lunch
Yogurt
Tuna Fish
Crackers

Snack
Coffee with cream and sugar

Light dinner
1 cup spaghetti with Tomato sauce

Late dinner
House made breadsticks with Olive Oil, Garlic, and Basil dip
1 slice pizza
1/2 portion of Viva Italia
Iced tea

My brother is a truck driver from Sugar Hill, Ga. He unexpectedly had a route through Oklahoma, and we were fortunate enough to be able to meet him in Muskogee. With all the craziness of the day (grocery shopping, calling everyone to arrange plans, driving to meet my brother) I didn't get a workout in.
We got to Muskogee about 8:30pm and my brother got into town about 9:00 pm. The rest of my family trickled in after that.

We met and had a wonderful dinner at this little restaraunt in Muskogee called Napoli's. Everyone at the table ordered something different and we got to sample a little bit of everything. The food is absolutely fabulous and the portions were more than ample for the price. We all ate more than we should of, but Jerimiah and I didn't go away feeling stuffed so I don't think we did too bad. After everyone ate we came home with enough leftovers for lunches for a week!

I highly recommend this restaraunt, to anyone looking for as close to authentic as possilbe. There is a location in Muskogee and in Broken Arrow. I definately plan on going again for a girls lunch or a date night, but I'll be picking a more zone friendly chicken salad. :)

My brother asked Jerimiah to give him a workout regimen that he can do with equipment he can put in the cab of his semi :). So Jerimiah modified the beginners workout to use with dumbells. He downloaded a bunch of the instructional videos and burned them onto a dvd so he could learn the movements while on the road. We sent him on with plenty of reading from free journal journal articles, and told him to look up CrossFit Gyms along all of his runs and try to stop in and visit one.
My brother is a big old fat fart, but hopefully we can help him bring out the competitiveness and drive gained while he was a marine. Semper Fi

2 comments:

Valerie Pilgreen said...

I too am back on the "Get fit" track, well, baby steps. Head on over to my HSB site and see my "new" (new to me) stair stepper. This thing is cool, I can haul it anywhere, AND it helps me do my chores too. Head on over to http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Sunshineonmyshoulder/605060/ you have got to see this one.
Valerie

AngieDSimplyMe said...

Valerie you are too funny. That was halarious.

But seriously... it's a great example of how you don't need fancy, expensive, gym equipment to work out.

Step ups are great and can be done on any flat, sturdy, raised surfaces. Squats also are going to help you tame the tushy. And you can do so much with a simple broom stick. It doesn't look like much but it is a start.

Be Blessed.