Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Today's Workout

400M run
21 Squats
200M run
15 squats
200M run
9 squats
400M run

I walked instead of run due to a stabbing pain in my right knee. It was evident when I started to run, but backed off when I walked. The pain is on the medial side of the tibia about even with the plateu of the patella. I'm wondering if the medial ligament is making some contribution to the pain and soreness. Or if I just tweaked something on the stairs at church this evening.

I had planned on doing Squat cleans, but it probably wasn't a good idea to add any weight with the knee pain.
I didn't want to do a power lift on asphalt, and it was raining which made it to slippery to attempt one on my wooden porch.

Although my squats have gotten better. They were below parallel and I had no knee pain whatsoever during the squats. I think my form on my squats are getting better (more upright torso) and I'm able pull myself down with more control rather than "falling" into the squat. So that's some improvement!

No comments: