Sunday, October 12, 2008

More Squat Therapy

It is amazing how much time and consistency is required for developing a good mature squat. I have 2 good videos on this previous posting, but through the wonders of technology, there are many great resources to help a beginner or intermediate learn the mechanics within variations of the squat.

I'm posting all of the resources I have found from CrossFit Headquarters and CrossFit affiliates here so I can come back to them easily when I want to do some more reading. I hope they are helpful to anyone else who stumbles onto my blog. As I find more I'll add them here.

Print Articles:

Learning the Squat (Stumptuous.com)
A Case for the Upright Squat
Teaching kids the squat (CrossFit Journal Paid Subscription article)
Squat Clinic (CrossFit Journal Paid Subscription acrticle)

Videos:

Developing an air squat
Air Sqaut to a Box... Showing great drive from the hip.
Tabata Squats
Squat Faults
Use of Heels in a squat
Squat Therapy
Coach Rippetoe focusing on Hip Drive in the Squat




Front Squat:
Front squat - the good and the bad.

Back Squat:
Back Squat Geometry with Coach Rip
Coach Rippetoe intro to the Back Squat



Overhead Squat:
Overhead Squat Safety
Overhead Squat Basics
Overhead Squat Elements
Mark Rosen going heavy Overhead Squat
Coach Rippetoe teaching Overhead Squats

No comments: