Saturday, June 7, 2008

Rebuilding Foundations

Today I was actually suprised to be able to get out of bed after yesterdays reunion with CrossFit. I went to work and I was ok as long as I kept moving, but if I sat down for any period and stood up again.. I definately felt it! My quads were killing me. I didn't feel much at all in my glutes. My arms felt a little sore but could of taken a little more, so I thought.

This afternoon I could barely get through one round of a warm up:


  • Row 500 M

  • 10 squats

  • 10 sit ups

  • 10 push ups (broken up)

  • 10 pull ups (with a black band assist)

  • 10 Back extentions on GHD (Are you kidding me? This should be renamed the Glute Ham torture rack!)

Since I was so fatiged we worked on my shoulder press and push press with pvc. You know, you think you have your form and movement down until you put yourself in the hands of a trainer fresh from a Cert. My trainer (aka my hubby) nailed and corrected my poor form.


I had been doing my presses with my pelvis tilted all wrong, and when tilted forward to lock in my back it felt weird. My back didn't know what was going on. I kept trying to lean forward during my dip/drive and we spent at least 15 minutes correcting the bad habit.


"Dip... hold... nope your leaning, do it again."


"Dip... hold... good, again."


"Dip... hold... your leaning again.... there you go.. try it again..."


"Dip.. hold" (when did PVC get so heavy)... "good, now drive."


So it went on. I don't know how many reps with the PVC, but eventually I got to graduate to a 10 lb bar and then a 15lb for some weight.


My form during my dip and drive is much improved. But now I need to work on the extention of my shoulders during my drive.

http://chillyccycling.blogspot.com/2008/06/dangers-of-cycling.html

I just had to post a link to this blog post. The picture here is just amazing. No matter what sport your in, there's the big chance of being affected in a good or bad way by some one elses stupidity.

No comments: