Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Yesterdays 2nd Work out... and I lied...

Yesterday evening Jerimiah wanted to go to the gym to get his workout. We dropped in on Craig's class. I wasn't planning on working out, I was going to stay with the kiddos instead. But I felt pretty good, so I joined in towards the end of the warm up.


The WOD was
  • 50 situps
  • 50 Double-unders
  • 50 situps
  • 50 Walking lunges
  • 50 situps
  • 50 Burpees
  • 50 Situps.

I scaled it down to 25 of each. Did Tuck Jumps instead of Double-Unders. And subbed whimpy knee push up burpees for full burpees. I'm still working keeping my form good on push ups, even if they are knee push ups. I think I'm almost there and can start working on full plank push ups a few at a time.

Before you start sayng anything... no I'm not going to turn into one of those crazy CrossFitters who feels that one prescribed WOD is not enough. I just felt like I didn't push myself very hard this morning (except pushing myself past my fear of that stupid box). I did the workout written for Jae to give her someone to work with and to help motivate her. I could of done more weight on my push presses.


Now about pushing myself past my fears... you remember when I said I'm not afraid of much? Well... I lied. The more I though about it, the more things I realized I was afraid of. I'm afraid of rejection. I'm afraid I'll never get better or stronger. I'm afraid I'll be a failure. I'm afraid I'll get frustrated and quit... and the list goes on and on.
I have fears because I see myself as weak. Not just strength wise, but emotionally, and in my faith spiritually. I have strengths yet untested, and weaknesses yet unchallenged. I have a poor perception of myself and I lack confidence. Even though I know I'm loved by God and created by Him and destined for greatness, after all this time is still don't truely believe it.
As I sit here typing this, I'm reminded of a Pastor Bill's Sermon last week. He talked about challenges in life, and how overcoming challanges puts you on a platform of influence to speak into other people's lives.
I know that with each workout I'll face challenges and will continue to overcome them more and more. I'll overcome fears. I'll find strength I didnt know was there. I'll know my weaknesses. I'll find my limits and push them higher. I'll gain confidence in myself.
Who knows what platform that will put me on? Who knows the people I'll be able to influence and be able to encourage? Who knows how soon I'll be able to look at some one and say "I did it! You can too!"

No comments: